Level Cost Increases
The cost increase of the next level is not the same for every investment. From the beginning of the game, generally speaking each of the properties is a reasonable investment, however since the increase is linear and cost is exponential, some become a better value later in the game.
|Investment||Base Level Cost||Property||Level Cost Increase|
|Shale Play||$2.2 million||TBD||8%|
|Omani Field||$19.4 million||TBD||8%|
|Saudi Field||$620 million||TBD||7%|
Saudi Fields seem to have the lowest cost increase and Gas Wells the highest.
- From an in game perspective, not all investments are equal, and some investments are downright bad.
- If all the properties had the same price multiplier, then at all times you'd know exactly what to do.
- Get all properties to 1000
- Get all properties to 1100
- With the imbalanced level costs, you have to think about whether getting the next achievement in one of your good properties or saving up to get the Gas Wells to the next level and helping all properties is a better deal.
- This makes the completion of "Classic Mode" at 1800 Gas Wells feel more rewarding.
- Near the end of "Classic Mode" it really lets some underused specialists shine.